Chipy’s Guide to Software Providers
WHAT ARE SOFTWARE PROVIDERS?
Software providers are the backbone of the online casino industry, as they create not only the games you play, but also every other piece of software the website runs on. While online casinos used to be powered by just one developer back in the day, things have changed for the better in recent times. Nowadays, most of the gambling hubs you will find are multi-software, which means that they offer games from a wide variety of sources. In this way, you have all the more chances of finding something you enjoy.
CHOOSING THE BEST SOFTWARE PROVIDER
When deciding upon a software provider whose games to try out, it is important to consider the five following factors that we have detailed below:
- Certified Safety and Fairness. Before diving into the games of a particular software provider, always check to see if its properly accredited. Look for licenses issued by reputable authorities in the industry, such as the UK Gambling Commission, the Malta Gaming Authority, the Alderney Gambling Control Commission, or others. Certifications from prominent institutions by the likes of the eCommerce Online Gaming Regulation and Assurance (eCOGRA), or Gaming Laboratories International (GLI) are also a plus in this respect.
- Game Variety and Complexity. There are software providers out there that deal with the production of slot games exclusively, while others have a more varied portfolio. In addition to this, some developers stick to classic casino games, while others such as Evolution Gaming and Ezugi create state of the art live dealer casino games. Furthermore, some developers create more complex games, while others stick to tried and tested classic styles. For example, BetSoft is a pioneer when it comes to 3D slots with lifelike graphics and immersive audio, while RTG keeps it simple.
- Cross-Platform Compatibility. Games and other online gambling products that are compatible with mobile casinos, as well as desktop ones, are a necessity nowadays. Nowadays, over 75% of players pursue this activity from either a smartphone or a tablet, making mobile gambling the most popular form of gambling. HTML5 is the revolutionary coding language that optimized cross-platform compatibility in the iGaming field, so make sure to always consider this criterion when choosing among software providers.
- Technical Optimization. It’s essential to go for the games of a software provider that is always up to date with the advance of technology. This doesn’t refer to cross-platform compatibility alone, but rather the resources the application uses up to run. High-quality casino games will run smoothly on old and new devices alike, allowing a wide range of players to access them without impediments such as lagging or freezing.
- Language and Currency Support. It’s no secret that various software providers will cater to different regions of the globe. Therefore, it is advisable to always pick one that supports your native language or at least another tongue you are fluent in. The same goes for currencies. If the casinos running of the software don’t accept your national one, at least go for websites where you can use money that you have easy access to, such as dollars or euros.